The Globe and Mail Reviews
The Globe and Mail is Canada’s National Newspaper and the daily must-read for people who want to know about the essential stories, facts and opinions that affect our world.
With a distinguished history of more than 160 years, The Globe and Mail provides insightful content on domestic and international news, business, arts, sports and life issues. The Globe and Mail provides fresh perspective, deep analysis, insight and perspective.
The Globe and its staff have garnered major awards for their work including multiple National Newspaper Awards and National Magazine Awards, the Michener Award for public service journalism, the Eppy for online journalism.
The most authoritative news in Canada featuring breaking news coverage, national news, international news, sports and a Report on Business, The Globe and Mail engages Canada in an on-going conversation.
The Kindle Edition of The Globe and Mail contains most articles and images found in the print edition. Some features such as the crossword puzzle, box scores and classifieds are not currently available. For your convenience, issues are automatically delivered Monday through Saturday starting at 6:00 AM Toronto local time.
Since its founding over forty years ago, Rolling Stone has informed, inspired and rocked generations of music fans.
Rolling Stone is the definitive source for music and pop culture trends. Read our Best-Ever lists, music and film reviews, and in-depth articles and interviews covering music, politics, TV, film, books, and more. Each issue will provide you with an in-depth perspective on the people and topics that shape our world.
The Kindle Edition of this magazine includes Page View. In Page View, your magazines look just like the printed edition with all the photos and formatting.
Who Reads Rolling Stone?
Rolling Stone is written for a reader who’s interested in entertainment, including music, movies, television, technology, and national affairs. It combines its significant entertainment reviews with cultural and social commentary, featuring articles on politics, celebrities, and more.
What You Can Expect in Each Issue:
- Rock & Roll: The latest music news on those who continue to rock us.
- Smoking Section: In-depth, exclusive looks at the rock star lifestyle.
- Random Notes: A photo collage of who’s who in the music biz, and what they’re up to.
- Breaking: A look at the hottest new artists, or old artists with something new.
- Charts: Billboard’s top ten, iTunes top ten, local favorites, and the top 40 albums at issue release.
- Reviews: Star-rated reviews of new releases, across all media.
Special Issues Through the Year:
- Spring Music and Festivals Preview: From indie rockers to the year’s best bands, Rolling Stone’s “more than a sneak-peak” look at the season’s most anticipated releases and music festivals.
- The Best of Rock: What band has the best drummer? Who puts on the best show? What’s the best online music service? A useful guide to the best that music has to offer.
- Live Issue: Mapping out the best places to experience live music from coast to coast–must-see tours, festivals and more.
- Fall Fashion/10 Bands to Watch: The latest must-have looks that will rock fall fashion, plus profiles of the most hype-worthy bands.
- Year in Review: The best moments of the year in pop culture, from the most noteworthy albums and artists to the most off-the-wall moments.
One of the hallmarks of Rolling Stone is its excellent photography. From the cover image through to the last page, photos are what drives much of the graphical nature of this magazine. Articles are accompanied by photographs or illustrations, and the overall tone of the magazine is visually impactful.
2007 National Magazine Award For General Excellence, ASME. Editorial excellence honors in reporting and photo essay categories, ASME 2006. Since the inception of ASME, Rolling Stone has earned over 50 nominations and 12 wins.